Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hello, my name is Amy


I felt like I should re-introduce myself after the sporadic blogging I've been doing. :-)

I didn't intend to be away so long. It just got a little crazy around here, and I felt like my blog was destined to turn into a play-by-play of the school, work, soccer games, horse-riding lessons, etc. going on in my daily routine. Now, however, I feel like we are all adjusting well to a new school year. When Haleigh started school, I basically doubled my work hours. Although I am still working part-time, it has taken some getting used to. Bless my bosses' hearts, I still have lots of flexibility and Tuesdays off - so I get to hang out with my lovely husband some more. :-)

Best of all - it's FALL!!!!! My soul feels more nurtured every day that I see more colors on the trees. The cooler air invigorates me, and I think I get more excited about pumpkin patches than most children. I love living in a place where there are 4 distinct seasons.

Happy fall to y'all!

3 comments:

Green Moss & Sunny said...

Back at ya, Amy. Did you take your fall pic on the blog? It is lovely.

sunny

amy said...

Hi, Sunny! Isn't that a great picture? I borrowed that one because I couldn't access my own pics when I got ready to change up my blog. I'll probably get one of my own in there eventually. I went a little crazy last year taking fall photos! I'll probably do it again this year, too! I LOVE those leaves!!!!

Amy

Green Moss & Sunny said...

Amy, leaves also bring the teacher in me out. My favorite art project in the fall, one you can do with your daughter, is leaf stenciling. You take black paper, and paint it with watered down white glue. Quickly lay out fall leaves on it (lightly). Then take sidewalk chalk and scrape (like with a butter knife) along the chalk, making colored dust fly onto the paper. Use as many of the colors as pleases you. Don't over sprinkle and work fast. Then carefully remove the leaves, trying not to spill the chalk on the leaves. You will have beautiful outlines. I spray with fixative or laminate for long lasting-ness. Oooh, I feel a new blog coming on! School art!

loving the fall,

sunny