Saturday, October 25, 2008


This week, my mother-in-law had her final chemo treatment. She still has a few doctor visits including a scan to make sure everything looks good, but after that things are still a little uncertain. I am so proud of her determination to face this with a positive attitude and get through it! It would have been hard for anyone, but she has had a particularly horrible year. I am filled with so much admiration for how she has handled it. If a person's true character comes forth when they go through trials and tribulations, then she is practically a saint. I wish so much that we could have been physically closer to help, but I know that we will be soon enough. In fact, I saw a story on the news today that seven of our Puget Sound orcas are missing. Scientists assume the worst, but I have my own theory. Perhaps they just went to find their friend and bring her back to Washington! They have missed her, too!

2 comments:

Robbin said...

Thank you Amy, I love you and wish to be there so badly right now! But I'll make it soon, I'm working on it.

amy said...

I know you are! You just keep taking care of yourself. We'll see you when you get here. :-)