Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Marmot Pass trip



I decided to break our hiking trip into installments. It's just too much for one blog entry, especially with pictures.

Our campsite sat between two gurgling streams that provided a fabulous supply of crisp, cold water (freshly filtered before drinking, of course). They were both pretty easy to walk or hop across, and this enormous boulder sat on the opposite side of one of them. I had not explored all the way around it, so I was a little startled when I came out of the trees in the morning to see Matt resting on top of it, coffee mug in hand. It turns out it wasn't nearly so high on the backside, so he scrambled up to a nice perch for enjoying his morning joe.

In the other picture, if you look close you'll see me. This was the big open field just up from our campsite that you crossed to get to the pass. It's also where we first saw marmots, which will be discussed in a later post. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to throw my arms out and sing "The hills are aliiiiiiive, with the sound of music," so I did. :-)

No comments: