Friday, January 2, 2009

Condolences

I learned a few moments ago that Jett Travolta, son of John Travolta and Kelly Preston, died today. He was only 16 years old. I remember hearing his parents discuss his illnesses when he was younger, later diagnosed as Kawasaki disease, and how they switched to an all natural and organic home, using no chemical cleaning products which they believed were related to his illness.
I've always just adored John Travolta, from when I discovered him on reruns of "Welcome Back, Kotter". Those eyes! That charm! I once tried to convince my husband to take me to visit some of his distant family in Ocala, Florida because the Travolta's have a home (and runway, with parking for 3 airplanes) there. It just breaks my heart to hear of his loss - not so much because of my ongoing fascination with him - but, as a parent, I just can't imagine that heartache. My thoughts and prayers are with that family tonight.

1 comment:

Green Moss & Sunny said...

I thought that was so sad. I hope his parents didn't make any choices that they will regret for the rest of their lives.

sunny