Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Good morning, Sunshine!!!!


The sun is out on what is, so far, a gloriously beautiful morning. It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiney day, and I need that. Yesterday was horrid, a continuation of the soaking wet, chilled to the bone Easter Sunday we had out here. The weather just set the tone for my unexpectedly unpleasant afternoon.

I have an abundance of various skin cancers in my family, and I have blue eyes, freckles, and pale skin. Plus, I grew up in the deep south and have been blistered more times than I care to think about, so I like to get a professional opinion that everything is in good working order. Yesterday I made my annual trek to the dermatologist. Have you ever been to the dermatologist? It's not nearly as invasive as some of those other doctor visits we ladies have to make, but for some reason it is even more uncomfortable as they scrutinize every inch of your skin. By the time they start parting the hair on my scalp I feel like a groomed monkey.
Well, yesterday she barely made it down my chest before deciding that this was not going to be a normal visit. I ended up having to get two moles removed, a new experience for me . . . and I was scared to death. They had a cancellation so she was able to do everything while I was there. If you've read any of my earlier blogs, you'll know that I strongly dislike needles. My doctors seem determined to cure me of that this year (appendectomy, oodles of bloodwork, dental work, and B-12 injections for pete's sake!), but this was really taking the cake. I can proudly say that although I was quivering jelly on the inside, I totally put my big girl panties on and got through that! And you know what? The injections were nothing! I go back in ten days to find out if they were normal or not and get my stitches removed.
So, that was my yesterday. I'm looking forward to a lovelier day today!

2 comments:

Green Moss & Sunny said...

today will be a sunny day. I'm counting on it!

sunny

amy said...

Hi Sunny! It turned out to be a beautiful day. Thanks for sending happy thoughts my way!

Amy