Thursday, March 26, 2009

WARNING!

I'm going to start blogging again. I can't promise that it's going to be thrilling and life-changing, but it ought to be a little interesting . . . maybe. :-)
It seems like a very long time ago that I started this blog, shortly after arriving home from a cross-country driving trip with my (then) 6 year old daughter. I named it "Embracing Change" because that's what I was trying to do. I had just left full-time employment, I was preparing to go back to school, and things were just . . . changing. Today, my husband is in Georgia preparing for his own cross-country drive with his mom. You guys know her, LOL, Robbin over at Cedar Chest of Dreams. If you don't know her, go check out her blog (on my blogroll). You'll laugh, cry, and be moved and inspired. Our family has had a roller-coaster year, and we are all looking forward to what this next year will bring.
So, an update is in order. I didn't last long in school. Seeing as how I can't figure out what I want to be when I grow up (well, except a famous Broadway star, but I digress), I couldn't justify spending all that money on tuition with no real direction. We decided it was much wiser for Matt to finish school, and I am proud to say that he just completed his degree in criminal justice! He has worked so hard, and I am so proud of him!
I got involved in community theatre, and remembered what it is that fills my sould with joy and happiness . . . the stage! Pure magic happens in a spotlight. I have decided to try my luck with professional theatre in my area. There are some fabulous opportunities, but it's going to take a lot of work! In fact, I have auditions in a little over a month at The 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle, and I can't wait!
There is much more to tell, but I don't want to make this post into a novel. Here's to new beginnings.

No comments: