Monday, March 30, 2009

Excitement, and a little trepidation

Tonight will be the first step in what I hope will be big changes for me in the upcoming year! I am going to a workshop at a professional theatre in downtown Seattle. The workshop will help prepare me for the audition process that is happening in about a month for their upcoming musical season, and here's how that all started . . .
After a performance of "Company" in February, a gentleman and his wife had come down to greet the cast and I noticed them waiting to speak to me. He took my hand and said "you don't know me, but I wanted to tell you how wonderful you were. Really, a cut above." I thanked him and felt like floating across the floor. It's always nice to receive a heartfelt compliment, especially when you've just poured yourself into a performance. Our paths crossed again as he was leaving the theatre, and he recommended strongly that I go and audition in Seattle for some professional work. I told Matt about it when I got home, and said that I wouldn't have any idea how to begin such a thing. Then he said "well, you should look into it." I love that man.
Several phone calls, evenings of internet research, and a little networking and brainpicking later, I decided to go all out and audition for THE major producer of professional musicals in Seattle. Why not? What do I have to lose?
So, tonight I'm going to go and be a little sponge, soaking up all of the wisdom I can! Updates tomorrow.

No comments: