Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I LOVE turkey day!!!!!


I love Thanksgiving. I do all the cooking, and I have, with the exception of one year, since I was married nine years ago. I love to do it, because I love the food! We like having lots of folks over, and during our time in the military it was pretty easy to round up a crowd of sailors that were unable to make it home for the holiday. We have a much smaller group this year, but I can't seem to successfully scale back the amount of food I cook so . . . . hooray for leftovers! :-)

Our traditional meal consists of turkey, gravy, cornbread dressing, squash casserole, broccoli casserole (it's the only day of the year I get to have it), cranberry sauce (no berries, from a CAN!) and green beans. This year our friends are bringing mashed potatoes. For dessert we have pumpkin pie and I usually make a cheesecake.

This year I'm going to try brining my turkey because The Pioneer Woman says I should. You can find out about her method here. TRUST me, she's worth reading, both her regular blog and her cooking one.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: