Sunday, December 2, 2007

My Favorite Things


I LOVE Christmas. Probably my most favorite tradition is trekking out to locate the perfect tree to cut down and bring back home. I love every bit of it . . . the agonizing indecision, walking out in the beautiful countryside with my family, getting the monster in the house (and in the stand!), and beginning the decorations. Every year, my husband and I have had Haleigh put her special ornaments on right before she goes to bed. Then, we turn on the Christmas music (always Martina McBride and Garth Brooks . . . . every single year), drink lots of eggnog and finish trimming the tree, and the rest of the house! This year Haleigh stayed up and put lots of decorations up with us. She's getting older now, so she actually likes this part a little more! Here's a picture of this year's winner.

No comments: