Wednesday, December 19, 2007

You might be Jewish if . . .


All night we've been watching History Channel specials about the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Knights Templar, the Holy Grail and all that other stuff that has become so mainstream since "The DaVinci Code" debuted. It was especially interesting to me because I've been in somewhat of a spiritual undertaking for a while now, trying to get a grip on exactly what I believe. This has become imperative to me because when my daughter asks really important questions, I want to be able to answer her with conviction. Tonight I discovered that I might be Jewish. This might come as a shock from someone raised in the Bible belt, but not by a church-going family, and choosing on my own to become involved in a slightly charismatic, Pentecostal, very non-Jewish denomination. Well, I guess I'm probably not Jewish (the lily-white skin and Irish ancestry make it a genetic impossibility), but I'm intrigued by Judaism. I think I'll do some research and report back. I'll probably discuss it with a certain Hindu-Jewish-Buddhist-Christian-Goddess Worshiper-Naturalist-Native American Spiritualist (I might have left something out) family member of mine, too. She's bound to have some input.

1 comment:

Robbin said...

I wander who that could be?