Sunday, December 9, 2007

Winter fashions?


I want to find the person who decided that winter fashions should be sleevless and icicle-inducing, and STRANGLE them! I have a holiday party coming up, and it's a little dressy. Not formal, just nice. I would like to find a nice dress to wear. I will be recovering from surgery in the abdomen area, so it would be preferable to wear a dress than anything with a waistband! I started looking for some such thing (it's been a while since I've bought a dress), and I cannot believe what I have found! EVERYTHING is sleeveless, or, if you're lucky, has little cap sleeves. Even the materials are flimsy, and I get the shivers just looking at the mannequins with their bare arms and practically bare everything else! There are some really cute wraps that can be used, but they really have no warmth value. WHAT is wrong with people? I guess if I lived in sunny southern California this wouldn't be a big deal, but I need some Pacific Northwest inspired frocks!

1 comment:

Robbin said...

Surgery? Did you forget to tell me something?