Saturday, May 3, 2008

Daughters


This child just takes my breath away sometimes.

It's been the two of us (and the dogs, and the kitty . . .) for the last few days while her dad is in Georgia. I've not gotten to see a lot of her during this time, because I've been performing every night since Thursday, meaning she's been shipped off to various friends.

In between these times, though, she has said and done some things that have absolutely astounded me. Maybe absence does make the heart a little fonder, but I have had a wonderful time just observing her when we're together. She's mesmerizing. She's a whole little person that didn't exist 7 1/2 years (and 9 or so months) ago. She actually started and grew in my tummy, and now she's a beautiful, brilliant, talented, and LOVING young lady who has a lot to teach her mommy. And her mommy forgets that sometimes.

Her mommy is going to try not to do that any more.

No comments: