Saturday, May 3, 2008

Doin' what comes natur-ly


I'm watching Annie Get Your Gun.
It just makes me so happy. :-)
I woke up feeling mighty poorly (sorry, I start talking like this when I watch Annie Get Your Gun) this morning. There's a nasty illness going around our cast, and the sickest so far has been the leading man. Considering that I spend the evenings rather up close and personal with him, it's only a matter of time before I get it, too. I've been putting up a valiant fight, though. I just had some Aloe-C (like Airborne) and now I'm sipping some yummy hot tea with honey and watching Betty Hutton perform my dream role.
I would give just about anything to play the part of Annie Oakley. I could actually do the backwoods uneducated drawl authentically, LOL! I love the music, the story, the character, EVERYTHING! In what other musical can you sing - in complete seriousness - "you can't shoot a male in the tail like a quail, no you can't get a man with a gun!"

Gotta run now. They just started "There's No Business Like Show Business!"


No comments: