Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I vacuumed my dog today


This is Sam. You may have met him before on this blog. He's one of the three animals currently living in my home who are determined to send me to an early grave with the amount of hair that comes off their bodies. Sam is by FAR the biggest offender. I don't know how he isn't bald. I could make yarn and knit extra large afghans in bulk out of the stuff that comes off of him.

Today, I had just finished vacuuming our hardwood floors when we decided to go to the store. Yes, I said vacuuming hardwood floors. Trust me, it's the only way. Anyway, we took a two minute stroll to get some milk. When we returned, there was already a dusting of honey-gold hair all over the lovely cherry beneath my feet.

I groaned. I cried. I gnashed my teeth. I gave Sam a dirty look. I stomped my feet. Then, he gave me his best "but, mama, I love you" look and all was forgiven . . . for just a second until I brushed a hair from my eye (it was apparently disturbed by the foot stomping). I then proceeded to vacuum him with the brush attachment for about ten minutes.
If this doesn't work, he's getting a buzz cut.

2 comments:

Chellie said...

ohhhhhhhhhh! Sam is so cute! :)

amy said...

THanks, Chellie! He is the sweetest doggie in the world. Those eyebrows let him get away with murder!