Sunday, April 13, 2008

My kid, she's a little shy


Not really. :-) Last Thursday, she had her last day of Spanish class. The students had all chosen the type of character they wanted to be - they could pick anything they could imagine - and their teacher wrote a place involving all those characters and using the vocabulary they had been learning. There were two mermaids, a griffon, a dragon, the Queen of Spain, and Haleigh decided to be the lady at the circus who dances on elephants. (She's a little obsessed with elephants right now.) A few of the kids read their lines without ever looking up at the parents gathered around to watch. Most of them missed their entrances, but it was so cute anyway. Haleigh, however, once she figured out it was her turn, migrated right to center stage and made herself at home. I see a lot of this in our future.

4 comments:

Chellie said...

I'm thinking, perhaps, that she takes after her mom and will want some leading roles soon! ;)

Robbin said...

I had to make that picture bigger to see that what I thought I saw was not really what I thought I saw but was her ribs........lol. Scared me a bit there.

amy said...

Ahhh, Chellie, it's often frightening how much she takes after me. I think, sometimes, that she might actually be even more dramatic! LOL

amy said...

Ms. Robbin, she does have some pokey ribs for sure!!