Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's over!


Opening night, that is. I had a bad case of the nerves (from which my stomach is still recovering), but it went really well! There were a few opening night moments, like changing a few lyrics around, and not being able to change fast enough between one of my scenes so everyone hung out on stage a few minutes waiting for me. We covered it well, though! :-)


I will admit . . . the thing I was the most nervous about was the fact that my husband was there, and the day of reckoning had finally arrived - I had to kiss someone else in front of him. I survived, and bless Justin's heart (the leading man), he was nervous about it, too. When the show was over, I introduced him to my husband, and he apologized "for the whole kissing your wife thing." It was pretty funny.


Matt and Haleigh brought me a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of red roses, and that was the moment I truly felt like a star. Haleigh also insisted on bringing some roses for my new friend Katie, and I thought that was just about the sweetest thing ever.


And to top it all off . . . Matt came and woke me up this morning by bringing the laptop to bed so I could see the review. I am not at all exaggerating when I say our local theatre critic is NEVER this nice. He loved us! :-)


So, if you are interested, here's a link to the original story just telling people about the show (please excuse the silly expression on my face):



And here's a link to the review!



Now, I think I'll go scrub the hairspray laquer from my hair, rest my vocal chords, have some tea, and get ready to do this all over again tonight!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Very KEWL, Amy! Did you do plays and such in HS or other places? It kept referring to your "debut".

(The link to your new friend didn't work)

Congratulations! This may be the start of some big things for you!! :)