Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mad Libs are 50!!!


I read today that Mad Libs are turning 50. The story of the game's creation is actually pretty interesting, and you can read all about it here.

When my husband went to boot camp, I stayed with his mom. I have a lot of really great memories from that time, but our evenings with Mad Libs are way up at the top of the list. I don't remember if we couldn't find the actual books anywhere, or if we just decided to play one night and didn't have any. Either way, we decided to make up our own stories. As we sipped our Dr. Thunders and ate chocolate covered cashews, things got very funny . . . and very strange. There was one story in particular that ended up being about a raccoon that seems to always come to mind. I think one of us may have it tucked away somewhere, and I think it might need to make its blog debut!

So, today I want to take a moment to say happy birthday to Mad Libs, and thank you to Ms. Robbin for the memories!!!

3 comments:

Robbin said...

That is funny because when I heard that on the Today Show this morning I remembered us doing that too. We had some wild and crazy ones didn't we? Silly girl. A raccoon? Umm, I'll have to think about that one.

Chellie said...

Your posts are so great. I had forgotten all about Mad Libs. They used to sell those at our Elementary school book fairs and my BF and I would crack ourselves up with those. Fun memories! :)

Mossy Mom said...

I don't know what a blogroll is but it sounds ok to me..

Nice blog..