Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Stroll

I'm a little late getting this posted today, but I finally got out for a Sunday Stroll this afternoon like Aisling suggested. I've so enjoyed looking at her beautiful pictures, and my mom-in-law has been participating as well. Unfortunately for me today, my camera didn't cooperate the whole time, but it was a beautiful, magical walk with my daughter anyway.
The day just couldn't have been any prettier . . . see?
Photobucket
My mom-in-law would have said these trees were dancing. There was a lovely breeze, and they had a nice swaying rhythm. It was fun to lean back and watch them.
We found these trees at a tiny little playground that is hidden on a side street a few blocks from my house. The park directly in front of our house was so filled with people that you could barely sqeeze another child on the playground there, but there was not another soul to be found at this one. Haleigh had the monkey bars all to herself, and I got to sit and stare at the beautiful clouds.
Photobucket
On our way down to the playground we saw how big the lavendar plants are getting that line one edge of the park. My camera ate that picture. :-( Haleigh and I were both captivated by these little poppies. The grow EVERYWHERE here! They are a burst of sunshine popping out of rock gardens and just randomly along the edge of sidewalks. They look a little yellow in this picture but they are actually a very vibrant orange.
Photobucket
Down the street a little further, we found the daddy-sized ones!
Photobucket
I don't even know what these are, but that color says tropical and summer like nothing else.
Of course, Haleigh is just as happy in a patch of grass that hasn't been mowed in a little while . . .
Photobucket
Yes, I have a little bunch of these wild white flowers on my windowsill right now, to remind me of our walk. :-)

4 comments:

Robbin said...

I know you guys are enjoying that beautiful weather. Wish I were there to enjoy it with you.

Marcie said...

Amy, What a wonderful walk with your daughter. I'm so glad you shared it here. My daughters are 15 and 18 now, but I have wonderful memories from their "little girl" years of nature walks, and picnics in the garden, and making hollyhock dolls. You've brought those memories back to me with these photos. Thank you!

amy said...

The weather has been BEAUTIFUL! It has turned a little wet again today, but we're heading out for a bike ride anyway! And don't worry, you'll be out here before you know it!

amy said...

Hi, Aisling! It is always fun to go on a walk with a child. They see things that we would often overlook. And they find beauty in the things that we forget to take note of, like all those little white flowers in the overgrown grass! Thanks for the invitation to stroll.