Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Where, oh, where did my sunshine go?

The weather has gotten noticeably more gray since last night. Fortunately I have these lovely photos of our trip to Point No Point on Saturday to remind me of the fleeting sunshine. It was almost 90 degrees, so after attending the Armed Forces Day Parade, we headed to the beach. Now, this is the Pacific Ocean . . . which doesn't every really seem to warm up at all. The water was particularly cold in spite of the warm day, but it didn't seem to slow her down.
And she's off!
Photobucket
Notice how I'm keeping my toes nice and warm on the sand. Meanwhile, the icy chill of the water sends her airborne for a moment.
Photobucket
But, she heads from "brrrr" to "wheeeeeee" in 3.4 seconds.
Photobucket
I spent the rest of the afternoon watching her do this at full speed.
Photobucket
It was a glorious day, and I think she enjoyed herself.
Photobucket
Now, I'm going to close my eyes to block the gray I see out of my window, and reminisce about that warm sunshine.

No comments: