Monday, May 5, 2008

Too busy to be sick

I am sick. Very sick. I picked up a whopper of an illness from the leading man in my musical. These particular germs have been on a rampage through our cast and we're dropping like flies.

Yesterday, I survived our last performance of the weekend, but that's about all I can say about it. My fever broke in the middle of our big song "There Once Was a Man", and I was left with clammy palms, a sweaty face, and mascara gathering in dark pools beneath my eyes. It was lovely.

Since last night, I've been in a vicious cycle. Let me just say: Theraflu is my friend. I take my 2 tablespoons, and about 1/2 an hour later I'm sweating out the fever. Then I have about a 1/2 hour window where I actually don't feel like I'm on my deathbed and alien life forms are trying to burst forth from my chest. I'm in that window right now, which is why I'm able to sit up and type this rather than curl into a fetal position and cry for my mommy.

The thing is, I just don't have TIME to be sick! I'm all by myself right now while the hubby is in Georgia. The dogs aren't going to walk themselves and Haleigh isn't going to drive herself to school. Today, she attempted to have me come pick her up from school early. Well, she called her dad's cell phone first . . . not a lot he could do from across the country! So, he called me, and I literally broke down into tears. Turns out she was just fine, and using the phone without permission, so I was able to suck down some more Theraflu before heading out to get her. (Do you think you can O.D. on that stuff?) I just feel bad for her though, bless her little heart. I'm really no fun at all right now.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be doing a Pampered Chef party at the home of one of the eye doctors I work with. I've already had to reschedule once, and it's much too last minute to cancel now.

And Friday, of course, I'll have another performance of The Pajama Game. I don't have an understudy. I think I'll take myself to the doctor tomorrow and ask for what my mother calls the "voodoo shot". And for ME to ask for a SHOT, you know I must be desperate.

4 comments:

Katie and Bethany Lynn said...

Hope this day is better!! I am praying for you and the whole cast! My Dad and Brie and Harrison are all home sick today too. Let me know what the doc says.
Sleep sleep sleep today!
Katie

Chellie said...

Hey Amy-

I hope you are feeling better. When it rains it pours, huh?! Thinking of you. Your husband will be home in one more day and then you'll really be able to relax.

Robbin said...

Poor sweet girl, get better soon. I know you love me, but goodness, did you have to lose a body part too to prove it? Well, you didn't need that part any more than I needed the parts I lost. Love you, miss you and hope you get home soon. If I were there we could recupe together! We'd have fun.

amy said...

Thanks Katie and Chellie and Ms. Robbin! Little did I know what was in store for me when I wrote this post! I think I'll not complain anymore about having a cold!