Monday, August 4, 2008

At the last minute . . .


Today is my brother's birthday. He is my only sibling, seven years older than me. He lives in Florida, where he is finishing up his last few years in the Air Force before retirement. He and his family just bought and moved into their very first home. They've rented or lived in military housing for 16 years, and he is so proud to have one now that belongs to him. He and his wife have four children - all boys, ages 16, 14, 8, and 6 - and I adore every single one of them. My brother is a good man, and I hope he had a birthday just as wonderful as him.

1 comment:

Robbin said...

I am so proud for them and I know they are too. He is a good man and I know your heart hurts to be near them like mine to be you and your family!
I hope he had a perfect day in every way.