Saturday, May 16, 2009

Backyard excitement!


There has been a lot of action in our backyard lately. The new sod looks beautiful, and the weather has been lovely so we've been outside enjoying it. It is slowly but surely becoming a lovely, relaxing little area.

This morning, Ms. Robbin, Haleigh and I walked downtown for the Armed Forces Day parade, and we all enjoyed it. There was even a fly-over by a C-17 (I'm pretty sure that's right) that got everyone on their feet. When we got back, it was such a lovely day that we decided to eat our lunch out on the deck. While we were out there, a green hummingbird flew into the yard, looking for a treat. I wasn't quite sure that's what I was seeing, but it was indeed an emerald green hummingbird!

I was distressed that I didn't have anything to offer him, so this afternoon I headed out to buy 2 feeders! The first one was a beautiful antique-looking green glass thing that turned out to be a total lemon! The pieces of it are now in the garbage. The second one, a more "classic" version, is hanging from a tree in a spot that will provide the ultimate viewing pleasure if I can entice them back into my yard! I hope I see one tomorrow!

No comments: