Saturday, February 16, 2008

I couldn't help it

My mother-in-law posted her results in this fun little quiz on her blog. Naturally, I had to do it. And I HAD to post my results, if only to freak her out a little bit. I was two years off, but had the same description.
You Belong in 1953
You're fun loving, romantic, and more than a little innocent. See you at the drive in!
http://www.blogthings.com/whatyeardoyoubelonginquiz/">What Year Do You Belong In?

I've heard that a man looks for someone who reminds him of his mother, even if he doesn't realize he's doing it at the time. I suppose we should have taken notice when people regularly confused the two of us on the phone. We even recorded ourselves on the answering machine message alternating lines . . . and it sounded pretty much like the same person. In our ten years as family, and especially as I've grown and learned more about myself, we've discovered many more similarities. Of course I count my blessings for having this kind of relationship with my mother-in-law, of all people!

5 comments:

Robbin said...

Yep, doesn't surprise me at all. We share a lot of things.
Have a good Sunday, Love you bunches!

Chellie said...

I'm stuck in the 80's I guess!

amy said...

Well, I missed you on Sunday, and Monday's almost gone, too, so happy Tuesday!

amy said...

Hi, Chellie. I think I might have been one answer away from being right there in the 80's with you. It was HARD to choose Cary Grant over John Travolta . . . I have such a fondness for both! :-)

amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.