Saturday, February 9, 2008

Note to self

If you live smack in the middle of the downtown area of the city in which your husband is employed as a police officer, you should always think twice before walking out to the car in a ratty bathrobe and serious bedhead. Why? Because you never know when one of his coworkers will be riding by and waving good morning. Sometimes, they even like to stop and chat. The risk of that increases exponentially when you are walking one of the dogs.

Yes, I had a hiney-cringing moment yesterday. I just needed to grab something quickly out of the car, and it was still pretty early. I had my yucky old bathrobe on because the beautiful luxuriously soft baby blue one that my mother-in-law sent me was in the wash. My hair was a disaster. Then I spotted it ... the sleek silver patrol car headed toward me. There was nothing I could do. I couldn't turn around and walk back inside, so I grinned (or grimaced?), managed a tiny wave and ducked into my car. I can only thank my lucky stars that I wasn't taking one of the dogs out, because they always like to stop and admire the doggies.

No comments: