Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Updates

My mother-in-law inspired me to change things up around here. While admiring her lovely new gray and red theme I realized that I have not updated my page in a while. So, voila! :-)

It is snowing here again tonight. The weather channel apparently doesn't have a clue . . . there's no snow anywhere in the forecast! We have a powdered sugar dusting outside our house, but there are cars sliding off the road all over the place in the rest of the county.

I am thankful tonight that snow is my biggest worry right now when it comes to weather. I watched the news last night of the terrible storms in Arkansas, Tennessee and Alabama. I have always been terrified of tornadoes, and that made for some sleepless nights when I still lived in the south. If the wind picked up during a thunderstorm, it was not uncommon to find me sitting on the floor in our bathroom (the center of the house!) reading Psalms to calm my nerves. I cannot even begin to imagine the terror those folks were experiencing last night. I am thinking about them tonight, hoping everyone gets the help they need, and hoping those that lost friends and family members are able to find some kind of peace.

3 comments:

Robbin said...

I like your new look, feels airy and light and spring like.
Enjoy your snow!

Chellie said...

Yeah, I like it too. It seems so clean and bright.

amy said...

Well, thank you to both of you! It feels good to change things up sometimes. I like the light feel, too. :-)