Thursday, December 18, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For


We woke up this morning to a blanket of snow on the ground, and it kept coming down hard and heavy all morning. We tried to sled a little, but the snow was so powdery that it was a little difficult. It is a lovely sight, but I'm glad I didn't feel inclined to try and drive in it. Matt was already scheduled to work today, but the police department also had to call in every extra body they could get just for traffic control. He has already had one car slide into him while trying to block a road, and even had a sand truck sliding toward him sideways! I think people really overestimate their driving skills and underestimate the ice for some reason!

I'm about to take my poor doggies out for a walk. Sam loves it, but he is very tall and has a thick coat. Ozzy (the bulldog) is very low to the ground, so I feel bad for him but he has to potty! That reminds me - don't eat the yellow snow!


No comments: