Saturday, December 20, 2008

If you don't hear from me in a few days . . .


Please come dig me out. For the first time since we've lived her, there is a blizzard warning in the mountains. Some areas a short drive from my house may get up to a foot and a half of snow. The area around my home, which usually doesn't retain snow at all, may get anywhere from 5 to 12 inches, on top of the stuff that's already on the ground. And did I mention that the roads are completely frozen solid? I know that some of you folks in other parts of our country think this is no big deal, considering the deep freezes that happen in your neck of the woods, but we just aren't really prepared for this sort of thing. I only pray that my power stays on, or I will build a cocoon of blankets and my family and I may emerge at the new year. If I can type in spite of the shivering of my entire body, I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Robbin said...

Get that all over with before I come please.