Monday, December 29, 2008

Ugh

I completely forgot until a few hours ago that I have to go in to the dentist in the morning to get a crown. Well, I'll get the temporary one tomorrow. It will require getting shots in my mouth, and that makes my stomach twist into knots and threaten to give me back my supper. Normally, my nice dentist gives me a prescription for Valium which helps me to practically take a nap while sitting in the chair with a cozy blanket (that they give me to help the uncontrollable shivering), but I didn't get that part taken care of in time. We've pretty much been in lock-down due to all the snow, and people are just starting to drive, and offices are just starting to open, and I just plum' FORGOT about it! So, I have one little Xanax that I was saving for an emergency, but I'm not sure how much good it will do me. I like my dentist, and dental procedures in general don't bother me . . . once we get past that part involving needles. I suppose, if I can handle B12 shots every other week (and I NEVER imagined I could handle that) I will make it through this, too, but right now I'm not feeling so confident. I keep reminding myself that I have given birth, for pete's sake, but it's not helping. I'll report back tomorrow if I survive without a nervous breakdown. :-)

2 comments:

Marge said...

I'm with you! Needles in the mouth are awful. I'll be thinking of you.....and you can do it..... Relax, breathe deeply through your nose, and go to your happy place!

amy said...

Thanks, Marge! I got a welcome reprieve this morning when I called to confirm my appointment and found out I mixed up the day! So, I probably have one more evening of anxiety ahead of me, but that's ok! For now I'll just enjoy my pain-free morning!