Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Don't Know Why I Love Her So

Yes, I do. It's because she writes things like this. Haleigh's teacher gave them a poetry assignment, the "I am" poem. Here's Haleigh's. It is all at once profound, simple, elegant, poignant, adult and innocent - it is her. And I just love it.

I am beautiful and talented
I wonder if I get to go to Georgia next summer
I hear my heart beat
I see me riding on a flying unicorn

I am beautiful and talented
I pretend I'm a famous singer
I feel the blood running through me
I touch the clothes that are on me
I worry if I'm going to die
I cry when I don't get my way

I am beautiful and talented
I understand that you don't always get what you want
I say prayers at night
I dream about horses
I try to get good grades
I hope that no one in my family dies

2 comments:

Green Moss & Sunny said...

awesome for one so young. I would know, I teach 6-8 year old. you are right to be in love.

sunny

amy said...

Hi Sunny! Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked it!