Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Birthday Girly-Girl

My daughter was born the day after Christmas. The biggest inconvenience we've noticed with this particular birthdate is that it is difficult, if not darn near impossible, to plan a "real" birthday party. Her birthdays have mostly been family get-togethers, or a special outing. THIS year, however, she really wanted to have a party and invite her friends. We discussed several options, including a gymnastics party, and iceskating party, and a gathering at a particular migraine-inducing major playland chain that recently opened in our hometown. In the end, she chose this - a princess tea party. My little girl is still a little girl, after all. :-) There were five guests, and we gave each of them a make-up kit and gobs of costume jewelry. The tea house (yes! a real tea house!) provided hot pink feather boas and tiars for each girl. They sipped strawberry tea from dainty little white cups, and the held their pinkies out! It was oh-so-grown up and still so little-girly all at the same time. It was just perfect, and I'm so glad my little princess enjoyed it. Here she is getting ready for her guests:
Photobucket

And here are the girls in the height of their make-over moments.

Photobucket

And after it was all over, I made Haleigh pose by one of the adorable light posts outside the adorable building. Even IT was pink!

Photobucket

Hooray for little girls that just like to have fun. :-)

2 comments:

Chellie said...

I would've LOVED a party like that as a child. My bday is near the first of Jan. and my parties always got snowed out! :(

(Stopped in from your mom's blog)

amy said...

Thanks, Chellie, and welcome to my blog! My birthday is also in January (14th). Nice to meet you!