Thursday, January 3, 2008

Finally!


Introducing . . . Jasmin the kitty! Jasmin came to our home on December 14th. Haleigh and I picked her out at the humane society a few days before that, but she had to have some surgery before we could take her. The 14th was the day after my own surgery, so she and I pretty much snuggled in the bed for most of her first day here. She is settling in well, and gets along great with the dogs (well, great for dogs and cats).

Animals just intrigue me. For some reason, this kitty wants to drink out of Sam's (our big doggy) waterbowl even though we keep fresh water for her always. His bowl is bigger than her! It disturbs him so much that now he has started drinking out of Ozzy's (our bulldog) bowl. He doesn't bother her when she goes after his, he just stands there watching her and makes little whiney noises at me like "MOM, aren't you going to DO something?"

Anyway, here she is. This is a big change for our home, because we've not had a cat since before Haleigh was born. My husband is not terribly fond of them, but he surprised us with the decision to get one this year. Never underestimate the power of a father's love for his little girl! :-) I'm crazy about the kitty, too, but it has been so sweet to watch her cuddle with Haleigh and sleep in her bed every night!

No comments: