Saturday, January 19, 2008

Embarrassing story (signs of old age?)


Today I was in the midst of my showering and dressing routine. I had brought all of my clothes into the bathroom before bathing, including undergarments which I routinely forget (not forget to wear, just forget to bring in the bathroom). The only item missing was my shirt, because I had to do the important task of "ironing" - throwing it in the dryer for a few minutes. I got completely dressed, minus the shirt, and threw on a robe while I waited for it to de-wrinkle. When it was finished, I grabbed it, walked back to the bathroom and looked around in exasperation for my bra. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE! I checked the obvious places, then my exasperation led me to completely ridiculous places. I checked the kitchen counters. I looked by the computer. I made my way back to the bathroom, and then I realized . . .

Oh, yeah, I'm wearing it.

So sad.

2 comments:

Robbin said...

ahh, it starts. When you get a certain age you have to really train yourself to concentrate on such things. Funny, but don't worry, simular things have happened to all of us. I have customers tell me they've searched everywhere for their glasses only to discover they are wearing them, (now that's bad!)

amy said...

I could totally imagine that happening to me. Yesterday, I stood staring in the bathroom closet, right at the pack of toilet paper, and couldn't for the life of me remember why I was there or what I was doing. I gave up and walked out. I came back hours later and it dawned on me that my brain froze before I could manage to get a new roll to put on the holder!!!!