Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


My (wishful) Declaration of Independence


I declare that I am going to try to not drive so much and be independent from the insane gas prices. $4.40 a gallon is just painful.


At least for today, I declare independence from worrying about things I have no control over. I'll try to make it a habit.


Today, I will celebrate my daughter's independence. I declare that she will not worry about what she wears, what she does, what she is going to do, what she wants, or what she looks like. She will embrace the independence of being a child.


For my husband, I declare independence from the painful cases he's had to deal with at work, and the general burden he's been carrying around for a while. I declare today his BREAK, when he can only enjoy himself and think happy thoughts.


I declare that my mother-in-law shall soon and forevermore have independence from cancer. Shortly thereafter, she shall leave Georgia and move to Washington where she will no longer be completely independent, but will join our little family who love her very much and are ready for her to get here.


4 comments:

Robbin said...

I'm with you on all of them, especially the last two. I miss that son of mine.
Hope you guys have a great and fun weekend.

Marge said...

I'm praying that your declaration about your mother-in-law's cancer
leaving her forever becomes a reality, and also that she can then move to be closer to you, her family that she loves so much.

Blessings on your day!
Marge

Marcie said...

Great goals. Great post. I'm praying for Robbin to heal and join you all in that beautiful part of our country.

Enjoy the day!

amy said...

Ms. Robbin, he misses you, too. :-)

Marge, thanks for visiting, and for your kind words. We appreciate your prayers!

Aisling, it's always wonderful to see you've stopped by. We appreciate your prayers, too! :-)