Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I was


going to update this blog last night. I really was, I promise. I know I've been MIA, and I have lots of things to blog about. I've even been asked questions and had blogging topic requests, for pete's sake, and I want to get to them! It's just been a little busy. And, it's been hot. It's been the kind of hot that makes you want to lay around and not do anything. BUT, yesterday it cooled off a teensy bit. Unfortunately, it made us want to grill salmon and sit on the deck under the new umbrella. Well, that's not the unfortunate part. :-) We decided to have a Guiness (for Matt) and a glass of wine (for me) with our meal. Haleigh was busy playing with the neighbor and it was just a beautiful evening all around, and the Guiness multiplied, as did the glasses of wine. Needless to say, it was early to bed. :-)

Today, we got up and went to have breakfast at a neat little diner that is decorated in old metal lunchbox sets (think ET, Muppets, and Disco Fever), VW bugs and other bits of Americana. The shelf holding the coffee is actually in the back end of a VW van that has been attached to the wall and opened up. The meal was not good for my cholesterol, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and enjoy the good stuff. I enjoyed the experience so much that it might just get its own blog post eventually. We then headed down to Tacoma for some bicycle gear shopping. Apparently I've advanced enough to need real bike shoes, and I got my own helmet finally, not just a hand-me-down from Matt! I think we've finally figured out a way to squeeze in some bike rides even though Haleigh is out of school, so I'm getting pretty excited about that.

Speaking of Haleigh, she starts rehearsals next week for her very first play!!!! (Well, she was in Fiddler on the Roof with me, but she was only 6 months old at the time.) She is doing a summer workshop to learn about the whole theatre experience. She'll go to classes in the morning for two weeks, and at the end they will perform The Aristocats! I can't wait to see it. Expect to hear more about that!

Well, I'm off to make cupcakes and stick little flags in them. What are YOU doing for the 4th of July?

No comments: