Monday, July 14, 2008

A Small World After All


I discovered a few minutes ago that I had even more comments on my post about Jonathan, and I decided that my responses really merited a post of their own.

I am one of those people who loves (and gets really overly excited about) those "small world" moments. Perhaps it stems from growing up in the south, where upon meeting anyone new you immediately begin to try and figure out how you might be related. This explains a little why I've been so tickled by my little blogging world today.

My mother-in-law got me started blogging, and, honestly, I've "met" most of these fabulous people through her blog. There's Chellie, a really cool Okie. She said once that if we lived closer together we'd probably be very good friends, and I agree. She had surgery recently, and in a stir-crazy moment she discussed the fact that her town was getting a new basketball team and asked if anyone had learned anything new. Turns out, she's getting the team that is relocating from my area - Seattle. It has been HUGE news around here and things got a little ugly in the trial that finally ended in a settlement between them and the city so they could move. I told her it wasn't necessarily the part of Seattle I would have chosen to share, but it was a connection all the same. Then, I posted the lyrics from a Trisha Yearwood song, and it turns out Chellie and I are both big fans. Trisha is from Georgia - where I was born and raised before relocating to Washington 6 yrs ago - but Trisha now lives in Oklahoma, not too far from Chellie. Coincidence, maybe, but still interesting. :-)

Tammy is a new friend, and I like her bunches just because she gets my mother-in-law, and she is a warrior of tremendous support sharing in her recent battles. As if she were not cool enough, she has children in MY HOMETOWN! Are you getting my small world theme now?

Sunny is my blogging friend that I found all on my own. Well, she found me, really, and I fell in love with her blog. She had me hooked immediately with her quote on success. I was floored when I found out she is in Colville, the magic place nestled in the mountains on the northeast side of my state that my husband and I dream of, and to which we contemplate relocating daily.
Chellie, Tammy, Sunny, and my other blogging buddies, I'm glad you're here. Thanks for just being the cool ladies that you are. :-)

8 comments:

Green Moss & Sunny said...

I, too, am glad to have found you. I love the look of your blog. your optomism, and dream of coming to my neck of the woods. It is amazing how technology opens the world up for us, especially those of us in the boonies. Very isolating. Have you see my travelogue about the north cascades highway? you really can't miss going there!


sunny

Chellie said...

What a really nice post to wake up and read. It probably isn't coincidence that we "hooked up". We've really helped each other through some tough stuff. It's been nice getting to know you through all of your posts. I hope we remain in touch for many years to come!

Tammy Brierly said...

I'm trying to get Robbin up there with you guys for her, you guys and moi! lol Selfish I know but I will be able to meet you both. ;)

My grandson in your town turned 7 yesterday and I sent him 3D driveway chalk. We wish we were closer.

We LOVE live theatre and I know all the songs.

XXOO

Robbin said...

I left you something on my blog, check it out!

amy said...

Hi, Sunny! Thank you for the nice things you've said here. I'm going to check out your travel blog ASAP because the north Cascades Hwy is one of my top priorities when it comes to road trips. I'm still trying to make it happen this year, so we'll see!

amy said...

Chellie, I have no doubt that we will remain in touch. I'm glad we're friends.

amy said...

Tammy, I can't wait to meet you one day! Your grandson is the same age as my daughter, and we live on a giant park with lots of area to use sidewalk chalk. when Ms. Robbin gets here, we'll all get together for a picnic!

amy said...

Ms. Robbin, you are too kind. :-)