Friday, October 19, 2007

As it turns out . . .


This was more than just a "little" windstorm! I was worried about all the leaves being blown away, when I should have been worried about the trees themselves! If it had kept up much longer, I would have had an unobstructed water view. As it was, two very large trees fell down across the street from my house. Fortunately, they fell into the park rather than across the street, and noone was walking their dog under them!. There were others falling a little further away. I was trying to finish my homework and every few minutes we would hear "ka-boom" and feel the floor tremble. It was nerve-wracking, to say the least.


Today, we thought we were finished with the bad part . . . right up until a house and tree got struck by lightning in the middle of a hail storm this morning! My goodness, fall is here in all its fury!

No comments: