Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Fretting tonight


My mom is having major surgery tomorrow. To herald the occasion, she held an all ladies "Bon Voyage to her Uterus" party last night. I really am grateful that she is surrounded by a support system of great ladies, especially since I am on the other side of the country! My brother is also nearby, and a few other family members, and lots of friends. Heck, if worse came to worse I could probably call my mother in law and convince her to go see about her!


All things considered, I still find myself worrying just a little tonight, and I suppose that is only natural. I will be happy to receive (and probably anxiously awaiting) the phone call from my aunt tomorrow letting me know everything has gone well.

2 comments:

Robbin said...

Yep, I'd go in a heartbeat if you needed me to.

amy said...

well, thanks! It sounds like the morphine drip is keeping her good company right now! :-)