Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Waiting Game

I just spoke to my aunt. She was told it's going to be at least an hour and a half before my mom's surgery even gets started. She is in pre-op right now, but they wouldn't let my aunt go back with her. My mother doesn't do well with being confined places and having to lie still, so I hope by "pre-op" they mean "beginning anesthesia". My mom is a fairly silly and entertaining person on a regular day and she will probably be splitting sides if the pre-anesthesia they give her is as good as the stuff my husband got with his last knee surgery. You never know what that stuff will bring out in a person - my brother thought he was spider man when he experienced it as a child, and lay in the hospital bed shooting spider webs from his hands.

No comments: