Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Observations (about me)


1) A good book is like crack for me. I cannot put it down. I develop insomnia and find myself staying up waaaaay past my regular bedtime to read it. I start avoiding what I should be doing - studying, writing a research paper, cleaning up, taking the dogs out, taking a bath. Okay, maybe not the bath part, but that's just because I can take the book in there with me. I begin to feel guilt about neglecting everything around me, but I must . . . finish . . . this . . . book! "Just one more page" becomes my mantra, until, 287 pages later I'm delirious and force myself to get some sleep. I need a twelve step program. I'm going to blame my mother-in-law for my latest relapse. She sent me a BOX FULL OF GREAT BOOKS! I need rehab.
2) My daughter is growing into a young lady before my eyes, and sometimes it catches me off guard . . . and scares me a little.

3 comments:

Robbin said...

Well which one did you start with?

amy said...

The Sunday Wife . . . I've not devoured a book like that in a very long time. I kept thinking "how does anyone create characters this rich? How can anyone have this vivid an imagination?" THen I realized, these were probably her neighbors! And we might have lived down the street from each other! LOL

Robbin said...

Ah yes that was that one is sooo good. I loved it. But then again, I pretty much loved all those books.
Enjoy!