Friday, March 21, 2008

I don't usually do reviews, but . . .


for THIS one, I will make an exception. I watched August Rush last night, and I absolutely loved it. Yes, there are parts of it that are a little unrealistic (well, most of it), but it works! This movie touched me in a way that no movie has in a long time. I like it because it because it's not just about the music . . . there is a connection between all of us, and all of nature, and only some people choose to listen. The little boy in the movie hears music in everything around him . . . car horns, construction workers, grass blowing in a field. He is an orphan, and he feels that his parents gave him the music, and they can hear it, too. He believes if he can learn how to play it, they will hear him and know he is theirs. It is so beautiful to watch! I hope you like it as much as me. :-)

No comments: