Friday, March 28, 2008

Updates

My, goodness, it has been busy around here! I've not had time to blog much, but you can rest assured I've not been sitting around idly twiddling my thumbs. Some of the things keeping me busy are:

1) I've been having rehearsals for the musical . . . a LOT. I've also been trying to memorize all my lines, and I'm not quite as far along with that as I would like. However, the musical numbers are getting really good, and really fun! It has helped immensely with my self-confidence to have taken on this challenge and discovered that I STILL GOT IT! LOL

2) Speaking of challenges, the romantic scenes in this show are getting slightly less awkward. I still haven't kissed my co-star, but I don't think there's any way to avoid it this weekend. At one of our last rehearsals, it was just the two of us and the director working on the big 'show-stopper' song. It is a fun song, and there is a lot of movement while trying to still sing well. There's something about depending on a person to physically support you while you're singing (and upside-down, in two situations) that helps you to bond a little. Now, don't think he has it completely easy - he does have to hold me up, after all, and I get to step on him. :-) Anyway, we have embraced the silliness of a lot of these scenes, and we're just having fun with them.

3) We are finally remodeling the 3rd bedroom in our home. You can bet there will be pictures soon. See, our entire house is one big giant remodeling work in progress. My husband had the bright idea to purchase a "fixer-upper" as an investment, and live in it while we worked on it. I thought he needed to be committed when he picked this one BUT 5 1/2 years later, things are coming along pretty nicely and I'm actually pretty darn proud of all his hard work.
This particular bedroom is bare bones. We've used it as a music room and storage up to this point. We are tiling it, and he has been working on repairing some drywall issues. It currently has a raggedy old sliding glass door that opens onto the deck, and this will be replaced by French doors. We also got the new window in a few days ago. I'll soon need to pick a paint color, which I am quite excited about. This room will eventually be our master bedroom. For now, we're holding off on moving our things in just in case a certain family member requires some lodging. I'm just saying.

4) The girl child is out of school now. They were off yesterday and today because it is time for parent-teacher conferences. Hers is this afternoon - keep your fingers crossed. She is then out all of next week for Spring Break. Fortunately, her dad will also be off 3 of those days so maybe we'll get some good family time in.

Alrighty, this post is getting entirely too long. I'm going to get ready for my day!

2 comments:

Robbin said...

As God is my Witness, as God is my witness, I am coming as soon as my body heals!

amy said...

You're funny! I've decided that I don't think we should tell Haleigh you're coming. We'll figure something out to tell her when Matthew comes there, then you can just show up with him, and we'll drop the news on her that you're staying. Wouldn't that be fun? I can just see her face.