Saturday, March 15, 2008

Oh, Atlanta

I've just seen the news about the tornado that ripped through downtown Atlanta. So far there are no injuries or deaths reported, and for that I am very happy. It was surreal to see the footage of the Omni Hotel and CNN center. I stayed there a little while back for a conference, in one of the rooms that faced the Olympic Centennial Park - the side that was basically ripped off by the wind. I shopped and had lunch in the glass-domed atrium, which appeared to be hit hard. BUT, what no one has mentioned yet is the fact that the neighbor of this building is the AQUARIUM! It is right next door, also bordering the park. I haven't heard a word about any damage there. I suppose I will keep watching CNN until I can make sure all the animals are ok.

No comments: