Saturday, March 15, 2008

On a brighter note

Spring is in the air! The sun is peeking through the clouds this morning, and I've just had another yummy English muffin and snacked on some fresh strawberries. It's finally starting to get exciting again to browse the produce section. I had to stop myself from literally jumping with joy when I walked in the grocery store the other day and saw grapes for $1 per pound!!! They've been around $4 per pound for a while now, and I really love grapes. The cantaloupes are also starting to look better, so I picked up one of those. My husband can eat an entire cantaloupe in one sitting, but he is usually kind enough to share. :-)
It's funny, I didn't like cantaloupe at all when I was younger. I loved honeydew, but my palate never quite accepted the heavy sweetness of cantaloupe. Now, I can't get enough, but I still don't like combinations that include it, because it ovewhelms anything it touches.
Things are starting to bloom around here, too. Forgotten crocuses are popping up in unusual places all over town, and my Japanese plum tree is covered in pink flowers. Soon the tulips will be arriving in all their glory, and it will be time for the Tulip Festival again.
I suppose I should get away from the computer now and be productive. :-) Haleigh has a birthday party today, I have rehearsal, and the hubby has a pile of homework. Time to get started!

No comments: