Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ceremony time!


Here's another part I really like about getting the "Nice Matters Award" - I get to share it with someone else! I am fairly new to blogging and I have not acquired a large group of "blog buddies", but there are a few pages I visit regularly. Two of those come to mind immediately.


First, there's this gal. She is currently a New York dweller, with southern tendencies. We share a fondness for sweet tea, and the frustration that comes with trying to find it in a restaurant outside the Bible Belt. She also loves good food like me, and I always enjoy her discoveries in that area. But MOST of all, she just had her first brand new little baby boy! It just doesn't get much nicer than that! Go check her out, although she may not be blogging quite as much these days with the addition of the new family member. :-)


Second is a lady whose blog ought to be read by everyone in the country, particularly those who are able to completely detach themselves from "that stupid war" so much that they are only capable of criticizing everything about it, including those willingly serving for their freedom. She lost her fiancee, and her blog is unbelievable. She shares in a way that is so raw, sometimes funny, and often gut-wrenching. I can guarantee you will be moved by a visit to her blog. You can check her out here.


I discovered both of these blogs through my mother-in-law, who actually introduced me to blogging in the first place. But, she's already been given this award . . . twice . . . so, I'll just tell you to go visit her. :-)


Happy reading!

1 comment:

Melissa Murphy said...

Aww thank you so much! I'll put it up just as soon as my laptop decides to stop being moody and lets me download...
:)