Monday, September 24, 2007

Tragedy


Some things I just cannot believe. My husband and I have long dreamed of seeing Billy Joel in concert. He doesn't tour very much, so we've really never had a chance. He came through Georgia with Elton John right after we moved, over five years ago. We seriously considered flying half-way across the country once to see him. We did finally get to see Elton John last year, but it still wasn't Billy. Well . . . .


I just found out today that Billy Joel is touring again . . . and he's actually coming to the west coast. Not JUST the west coast, which is closer than he's ever really been, but SEATTLE, just across the flippin' water.


Why don't I sound happier? Because, my husband decided to finally fly back to Georgia to visit family for the first time since we moved here. You guessed it . . . he'll be in Georgia when Billy's in Seattle. As much as I love Billy, it just wouldn't be the same alone. Some dreams are better shared. :-) So, I guess I'll wait a little longer. I know one day it will be worth it.

2 comments:

Anne Stesney said...

I just wanted to pop by and thank-you for the nice mention on your blog earlier!

I love Billy Joel and my "too cool for school" punk rock husband makes fun of me for it. Too bad. "New York State Of Mind" rocks!

amy said...

Indeed it does! Thanks for stopping by!