Saturday, September 22, 2007

Here's the deal


I'm a little bit in love with this man. Yes, I'm happily married, but it's ok . . . my husband is a little bit in love with him, too. This is Pat Monahan, lead singer of Train. He has just released a new solo album, and he is touring to promote it. He ALSO became our neighbor, sort of. He moved into our neck of the woods last year, which we learned when we got to meet him backstage at the last Train concert we attended. We are HUGE Pat fans at our house.


Sooooo, exciting day for me! He has a Myspace page which he udates with news, sound bites, etc. Through this page, he asked for volunteers in each city of his tour to help promote the album. Naturally, I volunteered. I got an email today from him (yes, he's cool like that, and writes his own emails) explaining what he wants. They are going to send me posters, and I'm going to put them up around my town. Well, in this case I'll have to put most of them up over in Seattle. We're supposed to take pictures of ourselves doing this, which are going to be posted on his webpage. The most creative . . . drum roll please . . . will get picked up by Pat in his tour bus and we'll get to hang out for a while and probably party backstage at the show. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! So, I have to get busy thinking of the most creative way I can possibly display posters. Any ideas???

1 comment:

Robbin said...

Wow, very exciting. I'll have to think on creative ways to put up signs.......lol.