Friday, September 28, 2007

Let ME eat cake!


Today, I made this cake. Well, not the one in this picture, but it's pretty close in looks. I am still speechless, but I'll do my best to describe it. I saw it in a magazine and determined that I absolutely must have it but I made mine into a bundt cake rather than two layers, and it was wonderful. (The bonus for the layers as opposed to the bundt cake is that you get more cream cheese icing that way.)


This cake is melt-in-your-mouth good, but clog-your-arteries bad. I recognized this in advance while reading the recipe, so I determined to make it on a day that I could take the bulk of it into the office and let everyone else share. I have had one tiny slice to make sure it tasted ok, and one normal-sized piece. It was worth every single bite. It is a combination of caramel, pecans, and cream cheese that just makes my mouth water even thinking about it. I HIGHLY recommend that you try this recipe. Yum!

No comments: