Monday, September 17, 2007

Jellies!


The other day when I picked my daughter up from school I saw a little girl wearing jelly shoes! I had these when I was in kindergarten! In fact, I had a pearly light-pink pair just like this little girl was wearing. I also had lavendar, white, and red, and possibly there was a clear pair. Or maybe I borrowed those from my best friend. This was one fashion trend in which my mom was able to indulge me. We could get them at the local Family Dollar and they were quite inexpensive. I would always watch for new colors. I remember that rocks were constantly sticking in the bottom of them, which made a grown-up sounding "click clack" like high-heels down school hallways. I was so flabbergasted to see them coming down the hallway toward me again that I had to come home and google them. In a quick search I found that no, they probably are not coming back into style, at least not for adults. If interested, one can get a pair for $25 - $40, or up to $115 for a Swarovski crystal-studded pair! Perhaps I should have hung onto mine!

No comments: