Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wheeeeeeeee!


My daughter is a thrill-seeker. It was confirmed last night when we took her to the fair. She LOVES roller coasters, and I can say with absolute certainty she gets this from her father and not from me. There was one "smaller" coaster that she rode with him first because she met the height limit. Out of curiosity, we checked the height restrictions on the "grown-up" coaster while she was riding the Tilt-a-whirl . . . another of her favorites. Luckily, she is quite tall for her age, so my 6-year-old climbed into the seat with her dad a few minutes later for what turned out to be a thrill for both of them. The roller coaster is not gigantic, but it goes FAST! My husband is a pretty big guy, and apparently there was actually air between his seat and his bottom when they topped some of the hills. He was trying to hold Haleigh in!


We also discovered another ride that strapped kids in lying face down, then picked them up and spun them so that they were "flying" like Superman! Haleigh was practically the only kid screaming "wheeee" and holding her arms out. My little daredevil. :-)

No comments: