Monday, June 16, 2008

Humor Me

I realize that Father's Day is over. I was just too busy enjoying one of the greatest fathers I've ever known to stop and blog about it, but I want to take a moment to recognize him now. About 7 1/2 years ago, our little girl arrived and made the man I married a very proud daddy. From the moment of her first breath, he has risen to the occasion and proved himself to be one fabulous father. He is a hands-on parent in every way, and I count my blessings every time I see the two of them together. He brings so much to her life, and she adores him. Can't you tell?

Photobucket
He had just gotten off the submarine at the end of his second patrol, and she was soooooo happy to see him. He still shares musical moments with her.

He took the time to read to her . . .

Photobucket

But it doesn't really matter what they are doing, this is one daddy who just likes hanging out with his little girl. Kite flying? Got it covered.

Photobucket

Time to master the big girl bike? He's your man.

Photobucket

We were camping recently, and on a quick hike Haleigh noticed all the trees that had fallen down around us. He took the time to show her how to figure out the tree's age.

Photobucket

He's a brilliant man, and I love him. I don't know how many times I've said "Let's ask your dad, I'm sure he'll know." He's taught her about lightning, satellites, planets, dinosaurs, letters and numbers, Axl Rose, Slash, and Stevie Wonder (because we want her to be a well-rounded child, after all).
Most importantly, he's taught her about love. There is no doubt in her mind that her daddy loves her with his whole heart, unconditionally. He is the example every daughter should have, and he teaches her so much. Plus, he's always up for playtime!!!

Photobucket

To my husband: I love you. You make me proud every day. :-)

6 comments:

Robbin said...

Nice Post, he should be proud. And I'm proud of him too, because he's every bit as good of a son as he is a Daddy. I think we'll keep him.

Chellie said...

You are a lucky girl, Amy and so is Haleigh. After all, it is very important that she learn about the environment as well as Guns 'N Roses! :) Too cute.

amy said...

Thank you, Ms. Robbin. He was trained well by a good mama so it shouldn't surprise us at all that we like him so much! I liked your post to him as well.

amy said...

Thanks, Chellie! He is pretty great. And you better believe Haleigh can tell you if Slash is playing the guitar within 2 or 3 notes! It's important to us that she is exposed to the classics! :-)

Marcie said...

Amy, What a wonderful post about your husband. He sounds like a wonderful Dad, and a really good man. I love the photo of tiny ilttle Haleigh looking up at her Daddy playing guitar. So very sweet.

amy said...

Hi, Aisling! It's so nice to see you here, and thank you for your comments. That is one of my most favorite pictures of all times. She still looks at him like that. :-)